Usage reports for Project MUSE journal collections and UPCC/MUSE book collections are now available in COUNTER 4 format. Journal and book usage beginning with January 2014 activity may be downloaded in COUNTER 4 reports.
Project MUSE provides the following reports for COUNTER 4 reporting:
- Journal Report 1 (JR1): Number of Successful Full-Text Article Requests by Month and Journal
- Journal Report 1 GOA (JR1GOA): Number of Successful Gold Open Access Full-Text Article Requests by Month and Journal
- Journal Report 2 (JR2): Access Denied to Full-Text Articles by Month, Journal and Category
- Journal Report 5 (JR5): Number of Successful Full-Text Article Requests by Year-of-Publication (YOP) and Journal
- Book Report 2 (BR2): Number of successful Section Requests by Month and Title
- Book Report 3 (BR3): Access Denied to Content Items by Month, Title and Category
- Book Report 4 (BR4): Access Denied to Content items by Month, Platform and Category
- Book Report 5 (BR5): Total Searches by Month and Title
- Database Report 1 (DB1): Total Searches, Result Clicks and Record Views by Month and Database
- Database Report 2 (DB2): Access Denied by Month, Database and Category
- Platform Report 1 [formerly Database Report 3] (PR1): Total Searches, Result Clicks and Record Views by Month and Platform
MUSE will continue to offer usage statistics reports in COUNTER 3 format throughout all 2014 to help librarians in the transition from the old format to the new. Both COUNTER 4 and COUNTER 3 report formats are also available as SUSHI downloads. Instructions for accessing MUSE statistics using SUSHI are found on your statistics page once you login.
MUSE usage statistics may be accessed from the "for Librarians" section of the MUSE site (http://muse.jhu.edu/about/librarians/index.html)
COUNTER (Counting Online Usage of Networked Electronic Resources) is an international initiative serving librarians, publishers and intermediaries whose goal is to set standards and protocols governing the recording and exchange of online usage data. Read more about COUNTER at http://www.projectcounter.org/.
Questions about your MUSE usage statistics may be directed to Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.